DO YOU LIVE IN BENTON TOWNSHIP? You live in Benton Township if you live in the Village of Beach Park, the Village of Winthrop Harbor or have an address starting at 38000 going North to the State Line or going West to Bayonne with an address ending at 12999 with the Southern boundary being Edgewood Road.
- New Electronics Recycling Drop off location 1700 McAree Rd., Waukegan.
- Hrs: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm excluding holidays.
- Program thru SWALCO of Lake County.
- FREE Rules of the Road & IL highway maps available at Township Office.
- Drop off non perishable food; health/beauty products to support local food pantries.
- Drop off used eye glasses
- Nuisance Violations in Unincorporated Lake County such as grass, noise, weeds, animals
- Call Hot Line: 847-377-4444
- Vets every Thursday 5 PM – 7 PM enjoy conversation at It’s All Good” 2780 Sheridan Rd. Zion
funded thru Lake County Veterans & Family Services Foundation.
- Need a job? Contact the Job Center of Lake County 847-377-3450.
- Many helpful sessions and resources are available.
BENTON TOWNSHIP PROVIDES:
- General Assistance
- Voter Services
- Seniors Assistance with fueling your car Nov. 1st thru March 31st.
- Meals on wheels Call 847-546-5733
- Vehicle stickers for those living in unincorporated Benton Township
- Pace Dial-A-Ride Expanded bus service general public
- Handicap parking placard applications available at the office
- Half fare up to $5.00 Taxi Tickets for Seniors & Disabled
- Notary services no charge
Vehicle Stickers for Unincorporated Benton Township residents are available at the township office.
There is NO Charge.
Socks for the Soul: Drop off packages of new socks for children, infants, men & women. Preferable crew sock designed for warmth for our residents in need.
Attention Home Owners: Need repairs you can’t afford? Rebuilding Together has applications available on line at www.rebuildingtogethernsc.com or we have applications at township office. Deadline to file for this year’s event is January 15, 2016. Rebuilding Day is April 30, 2016.
Community Caregivers Support Group: Meets at the Zion Benton Public Library Nov. 23 and Dec. 28th from 6:00 to 7 :30 pm. For more information Call 847-432-4981 ext 133.