DO YOU LIVE IN BENTON TOWNSHIP? You live in Benton Township if you live in the Village of Beach Park, the Village of Winthrop Harbor or have an address starting at 38000 going North to the State Line or going West to Bayonne with an address ending at 12999 with the Southern boundary being Edgewood Road. North Point Marina, Thunderhawk Golf Course, Illinois Beach State Park, and Waukegan National Airport are all
located in Benton Township.
- FREE Rules of the Road & IL highway maps available at Township Office.
- Drop off non perishable food; health/beauty products to support local food pantries.
- Drop off used eye glasses
- Nuisance Violations in Unincorporated Lake County such as grass, noise, weeds, animals.
Call Hot Line: 847-377-4444
- Vets every Thursday 5 PM – 7 PM enjoy conversation at It’s All Good” 2780 Sheridan Rd. Zion
funded thru Lake County Veterans & Family Services Foundation.
- Need a job? Contact the Job Center of Lake County 847-377-3450.
Many helpful sessions and resources are available.
BENTON TOWNSHIP PROVIDES:
- General Assistance
- Voter Services
- Seniors Assistance with fueling your car Nov. 1st thru March 31st.
- Meals on wheels Call 847-546-5733
- Pace Dial-A-Ride Expanded bus service general public
- Vehicle Stickers for unincorporated Benton Township residents available at no cost.
- Handicap parking placard applications available at the office
- Half fare up to $5.00 Taxi Tickets for Seniors & Disabled
- Notary services no charge
Top Box Foods Express
Open To Everyone! Savings up to 40% off grocery store prices.
Pick up location: Shiloh Center, 2600 Emmaus Ave. Zion.
Dates: October 12th and Nov. 16th from 12:30 PM till 2:00 PM.
Accept Cash, credit, debit, & SNAP/LINK cards
Fall Health Fair – October 4
Tuesday, October 4th from 9am till noon at Benton Township. Free screenings and flu vaccines.
Super Senior Event
Secretary of State Mobile unit will renew, replace or correct your driver’s license and/or state ID.
Tuesday, October 18th from 9:30 am till 2 pm at the Zion Benton Public Library.
11th Annual Corp. Community Adult Spelling Bee
Thursday, Nov. 3 at North Point Church 9th St. & Lewis Ave. in Winthrop Harbor. Refreshments begin at 6 pm; Spelling Bee at 7 pm. Spectators are welcome. There is a $5 guest fee (includes refreshments). All proceeds support Coalition for Healthy Communities effort to impact health, wellness and social issues in Beach Park, Winthrop Harbor, and Zion.