DO YOU LIVE IN BENTON TOWNSHIP? You live in Benton Township if you live in the Village of Beach Park, the Village of Winthrop Harbor or have an address starting at 38000 going North to the State Line or going West to Bayonne with an address ending at 12999 with the Southern boundary being Edgewood Road.
- New Electronics Recycling Drop off location 1700 McAree Rd., Waukegan.
- Hrs: Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm excluding holidays.
- Program thru SWALCO of Lake County.
- FREE Rules of the Road & IL highway maps available at Township Office.
- Drop off non perishable food; health/beauty products to support local food pantries.
- Drop off used eye glasses
- Nuisance Violations in Unincorporated Lake County such as grass, noise, weeds, animals
- Call Hot Line: 847-377-4444
- Vets every Thursday 5 PM – 7 PM enjoy conversation at It’s All Good” 2780 Sheridan Rd. Zion
funded thru Lake County Veterans & Family Services Foundation.
- Need a job? Contact the Job Center of Lake County 847-377-3450.
- Many helpful sessions and resources are available.
BENTON TOWNSHIP PROVIDES:
- General Assistance
- Voter Services
- Seniors Assistance with fueling your car Nov. 1st thru March 31st.
- Meals on wheels Call 847-546-5733
- Vehicle stickers for those living in unincorporated Benton Township
- Pace Dial-A-Ride Expanded bus service general public
- Handicap parking placard applications available at the office
- Half fare up to $5.00 Taxi Tickets for Seniors & Disabled
- Notary services no charge
2015 Fall Health Fair
Tuesday September 29 from 9am to 2pm at the Benton Township Office.
Flu/Pneumonia, Whooping Cough, and Shingles vaccines in cooperation with Walgreens will be available. Flu/Pneumonia vaccines are free with Medicare. Whooping Cough, Shingles vaccines will have co-pay with Medicare Part D. Discounted fees for all vaccines. Payment by cash, check and credit card available. FREE SCREENINGS for blood pressure and osteoporosis provided by Rosalind Franklin University Center. Spine/Posture screenings will be available provided by Medulla LLC. IL State’s Treasurer’s Office will be conducting unclaimed property searches. Click here to download flyer (.pdf)
An open letter to our community, from the Coalition for Healthy Communities.
The Coalition for Healthy Communities has had a great year! On May 1, we celebrated our 20th anniversary with an encouraging reflection over many victories, and a promise to work even harder for the community we all love in the next twenty years. We’re making a difference with our current initiatives and are always looking for ways to better serve the Zion-Benton community as we look to the future.
We’ve partnered with the Charmm’d Foundation to develop a strategic plan for the Coalition that will serve as a “road map” for 2016 and beyond. We’ve been committed to this project but feel strongly that we need to hear from more voices in Beach Park, Winthrop Harbor and Zion; voices like yours.
We’ve designed a brief survey to share with you – our members, stakeholders, partners and the larger community. The survey is available at the following link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CHCCIS2015 It will only take you a few minutes to complete the survey. We sincerely hope you’ll participate! Your feedback is important and will help us set the direction to have a greater impact on our community. Please feel free to share the survey with people in your network who also benefit from the work we’re doing.
Thanks in advance for your willingness to help us in our shared work for the benefit of us all. Please respond by September 20, 2015!
Pastor Douglas R. Carlson