APPLICATIONS NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR
DO YOU LIVE IN BENTON TOWNSHIP? You live in Benton Township if you live in the Village of Beach Park, the Village of Winthrop Harbor or have an address starting at 38000 going North to the State Line or going West to Bayonne with an address ending at 12999 with the Southern boundary being Edgewood Road. North Point Marina, Thunderhawk Golf Course, Illinois Beach State Park, and Waukegan National Airport are all
located in Benton Township.
- FREE Home Smoke Detectors available. Call Township Office (while supplies last).
- FREE Rules of the Road booklet available at Township Office.
- Drop off non perishable food; health/beauty products to support local food pantries.
- Drop off used eye glasses.
- Nuisance Violations in Unincorporated Lake County such as grass, noise, weeds, animals.
Call Hot Line: 847-377-4444
- Vets every Thursday 5 PM – 7 PM enjoy conversation at It’s All Good, 2780 Sheridan Rd. Zion
funded thru Lake County Veterans & Family Services Foundation.
- Need a job? Contact the Job Center of Lake County 847-377-3450.
Many helpful sessions and resources are available.
BENTON TOWNSHIP PROVIDES:
- General Assistance
- Voter Services
- Meals on wheels Call 847-546-5733
- Pace Dial-A-Ride Expanded bus service general public
- Vehicle Stickers for unincorporated Benton Township residents available at no cost.
- Handicap parking placard applications available at the office
- Half fare up to $5.00 Taxi Tickets for Seniors & Disabled
- Notary services no charge
- Free Discount Prescription Drug Card, pick up at Township office.